In this last of three posts covering Gartner’s Critical Capabilities Report for Enterprise Video Content Management, we’re taking a closer look at Internal Training. For this use case, Qumu again ranked among the top two providers included in Gartner’s report.
We’re honored to rank highly for such an important video use case. In the enterprise, we believe training can be the lynchpin to successfully going to market. Our customers face the challenge of training hundreds or thousands of employees, dealers and distributors across the globe as they:
- roll out new products and services
- respond to changing compliance requirements
- build excellence in leadership
- certify dealers for warranty work
- deploy quality assurance and lean systems
Of the capabilities that Gartner includes in their scoring, two are weighted heaviest: Search and Workflow Richness.
Here’s our take on these two capabilities:
- Training is a highly iterative process. Learners need the ability to find the precise moment the word is spoken within a video. Speech search technology allows learners to scan your entire video library – possibly thousands of hours of video – for a specific spoken word or phrase.
- Workflow is especially important in an enterprise video platform. Whether integrated with an LMS or standalone, video workflow tools allow your training experts to focus on content and curriculum while ensuring the appropriate governance and long-term management is built in. You can even create automated disclaimers, mandatory approvals, security, time of life, and repurposing.
In addition, our enterprise customers face two major issues for the internal training use case – mobile and scalability.
Training has left the classroom!
You need to bring training to employees – wherever and whenever they learn – on any device. Training content may come from web and video conferencing platforms such as Skype for Business and Pexip sessions. Unleashing the power of such rich and varied learning sources and endpoints requires an intelligent, extensible video hub – one that helps you deliver the performance needed along with security and management.
Scale is a big thing.
For large enterprises, rolling out major training initiatives becomes a matter of scale. One of our clients increased their training reach tenfold – from reaching 50 or 60 managers at a time to more than 500 managers each month. These managers in turn, share the videos with their teams.
That kind of demand calls for enterprise-grade delivery services technology. Qumu’s Pathfinder optimizes your internal network and manages distribution business rules. That way, each individual learner gets a high-quality viewing experience from any device, anywhere in the world.
Download the report!
People learn better and faster with video – from live streaming events … to collaborative sharing … to on-demand courses. For the big picture, check out this complimentary copy of Gartner’s Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Video Content Management - from Qumu.
Gartner Critical Capabilities for Enterprise Video Content Management, Whit Andrews, Adam Preset, 29 November 2016.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.